Friday, May 29, 2015

When I Think of Bisquick




When I think of Bisquick,
I think of my Granny.
She always had box of Bisquick on the shelf.
Bisquick was one of those things that was supposed to save time
for the "modern" housewife back in 1931! 



Impossible Pie


The Impossible Pie is still one of my favorite things.
So quick and easy.

The one I make the most is Spinach and Feta.
This time I added some fresh, thinly sliced home grown tomatoes to the pie,
right on top of the spinach, cheese and onions. 
I make some minor changes -- mostly to taste -- all the time.
This is the original recipe.



Spinach and Feta Impossible Pie

1 package (12 ounces) frozen chopped spinach thawed 
and squeezed to drain

1/2 cup feta cheese

4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4cup)

1/2 cup Bisquick Original or Fat Free

2/3 cup  milk

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400. Grease pie plate. 
Mix spinach, cheese and onion in pie plate.

2. Stir remaining ingredients until blended.
Pour into pie plate.

3.  Bake 30 - 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

Quick and easy. 



Wishing YOU well and much joy!








9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My Rare One uses Bisquick to make "magic quiche" which I think is the Canadian version of "impossible pie." Bacon, grated cheddar, green onions, eggs and pour the Bisquick/milk combo on top. Yummy!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I make Impossible Pie too - usually Cheeseburger Impossible Pie. I've also created a recipe that is from scratch - works the same way and is almost as fast to fix as the Bisquick version (in case I am out of Bisquick). I don't recall my grandma using Bisquick and now and then my mom did.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. We used to use Bisquick for waffles all the time.

Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

Steph said...

I also think of my grandmothers! I bet the pie is delicious.

Irene said...

I have fond memories of Bisquick too, and yes the impossible pie is wonderful. Have you ever used the recipe to make mini quiches, I need to try that, I'm always hauling something to someone's house, and mini's would be great.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. My Nana made lots of things with Bisquick, each more mouth watering than the last. Nice pie. xox

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm one of those grannies that keeps a box in her cupboard all the time too. I only make my quiche with bisquick which is similar to your pie

Mary Howell Cromer said...

I do remember and all of the Bisquick recipes were so yummy too. I happen to have a small box now and just may have to make something with it tonight ;) Yours looks very yummy~

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

I keep hearing about "Impossible Pie" and now I have a proper recipe. Love your version with feta cheese and tomatoes. Thanks for sharing!