Thursday, May 7, 2015

I Almost Cried


I was so excited.
One of the vendors at the Farmer's Market said they had peaches.
I started dreaming of peach pie,
peach smoothies,
PEACHES!
I could hardly wait for Saturday to come around.

They weren't there!
No peaches!
I almost cried.

Yesterday I had to go to Fresh Market to pick up a few things.
It was also cleaning day, so I thought I might pick up a sandwich --
cleaning day means no cooking day.

What did I find?
Peaches!
They were a little small and hard, but boy did they smell good.
So I got a few ... 


Summertime


And this morning I had the first smoothie of the peach season.
YUM!

YeeHaw!!

Wishing YOU well and much joy.

Thanks to Kim for hosting:
Little by Little


14 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

We won't have good locally grown ones until July here.. but I am SO looking forward to them! Nothing better than a REAL, fresh, juicy peach!

Gillena Cox said...

YUM; have a nice Thursday

much love...

Anonymous said...

Sounds soooooo good. xox

Deb said...

Cleaning day is no-cooking day? Who knew. I am now adopting that. I, too, love peaches.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Ah....peaches.....I grew up on what was once an island known for all its peach trees. It was a huge booming business at the early part of last century.

There's country clubs and marinas and lovely condos now where MOST of those old heritage 1870s peach trees once resided....but those who kept up the peach farms, oh my word there is nothing better to me than a freshly picked warm Catawba Peach. Oh wow I am now terribly homesick.

I am very happy you found some peaches. If they're unripe put them in a brown paper bag and they will ripen fast for you and get nice and soft.

abrianna said...

Yay for peaches and their smoothies!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I'm glad you found your peaches. Yum

Ohmydearests said...

Glad you found your peaches!

Sylvia said...

That smoothie sure looks good! I must get out to our local peach farm soon.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I heard on the radio just the other day that the peaches are early this year for some reason. Global warming probably. Enjoy that smoothie!

Kim Cunningham said...

I love good, ripe, summer peaches! Can't wait!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Glad you found the peaches and that smoothie looks delicious. Last weekend our farmers' market had tiny peaches called Tree Ripe. It was my first time trying that variety and they were packed with flavor. Have a good weekend. ~Nora

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I wait all year for peaches! So glad you found some! xo Karen

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Peaches were in the grocery store for 3.40 per lb and no scent, hard as a rock. Oh I can't wait for fresh ones :)