Monday, May 4, 2015

Metta Meditation





If you've been visiting Twisty Lane for any length of time,
you know I always wish YOU well and much joy.
It is part of my Metta Prayer and meditation
to wish myself, those I love and all those living on this earth
a good day!

Every now and then I receive something in my email or 
I find something on FaceBook that I think is worth sharing.

May has 31 days and here are 31 daily aspirations to guide your
Metta meditation practice for the month.
Open your heart and join me!



Let The Light Shine


1. May I be safe.
May I feel secure and grounded. May I feel a sense of belonging to the Earth. May I know who I am.

2. May I be happy.
May I be joyful. May I be content. May I live with bliss.

3. May I be healthy.
May my body be strong. May my mind be balanced. May I exude well-being.

4. May I be peaceful.
May I be calm. May I be patient. May I be loving.

5. May I live with ease.
May I relax. May I let go. May I just be.

6. May I be free.
May I be free from suffering. May I be free to be me. May I be liberated.

7. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Visualize a loved one and repeat each phrase to them in your mind’s eye.

8. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Visualize a neutral person whom you do not have strong feelings about and repeat each phrase to that person.

9. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Visualize a difficult person, someone with whom you are having a conflict, or even an “enemy,” and say the phrases to them. (This one may take a while before you can actually do it!)

10. May we be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Repeat the wishes, visualizing yourself together with all your loved ones.

11. May we be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Visualize yourself and your wider community.

12. May you be safe, happy, healthy, peaceful and free.
Visualize the light of your metta reaching out to shine upon all beings on Earth.
The remaining aspirations are wishes for all beings, including ourselves.

13. May all beings be safe.

14. May all beings be happy.

15. May all beings be healthy.

16. May all beings be peaceful.

17. May all beings be free.

18. May all beings feel strong & supported.

19. May all beings be loved & cared for.

20. May all beings breathe & relax.

21. May all beings go with the flow.

22. May all beings express our unique power.

23. May all beings open our hearts.

24. May all beings listen.

25. May all beings imagine.

26. May all beings connect with our intuition.

27. May all beings connect with our divine nature.

28. May we all love.

29. May we all share.

30. May we all serve.

31. May we all unite in peace and harmony.

Wishing YOU well and much joy!

And, before I forget, since this is May 4th --
May the Fourth be with you!



8 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

These are all lovely. I think I will join you!

Pondside said...

Thank you, Snap. I have been reading your posts for a long time and always find something beautiful. Today's post is a gift - thank you.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I don't think I have heard of this- but I think daily affirmations are a wonderful way to set your mind and heart at peace each morning. Have a super day!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Heh heh totally love the last one, ;-P

Sincerely though - this is a wonderful post, thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

May you be at peace always.

Your friend, Michele

Anonymous said...

Lovely meditations and the 4th be with you too! xox

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I need to print this and put it by my nightstand. Two years ago I had a daily devotional book. I enjoyed the content and messages, but the daily readings were a bit too long. These are just perfect. It's so important to start the day with tranquility and purpose.
Have a lovely week! ~Nora

Barb said...

I say a similar loving kindness mantra daily. It is a way of centering and connecting. It always makes me feel calm. I wish the same for you, Snap.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Absolutely fabulous - something we might all consider.