Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yarn Work and Links!

I've had a cold. I could hire myself out as a fog horn when I have a cold. I feel sorry for myself, too. I'm feeling much better now and thank all of you for your good wishes for a quick recovery. I put my *down time* to good use. Got some reading done (saving the books for another post) and finished the baby afghan for my niece. I used up all the yarn I had in my *baby* stash, too. That means I get to buy more yarn! You can't have enough yarn!


The baby afghan is ready to be washed and blocked.

Then I started another crochet project. (For those who may be wondering -- the lacey stole is still in the closet!) Mr. Dragon really likes how this one is going/looking. I'm making a lap afghan. Most folks make their lap afghans for football season. I'm making ours for baseball season! College baseball starts this month. They started practice on February 1 (that's also for another post) and we were there! It will be cold for awhile at the beginning of the season and we will be happy to have a little lap comfort! I just need to crochet faster! I have changed the pattern up a little since this picture was taken. I like the puffs or bobbles, but the triangular shaped *things* made my fingers hurt -- so listening to the old arthritis, I changed the pattern a little. I like how it looks and I think you will, too. I'll share when the afghan is a little further along. Anyway, it has passed the Mr. Dragon test with a *golly, that's cool looking*.



I've been trying to keep up with the gypsy caravan at One World One Heart. Lisa now has at least (when I last checked) 880 participants! WOW! I've tried to visit all of the blogs at least once - quickly. Now I am working my way through them again and this time really trying to stop awhile, visit, and read. In the process I've added a few blogs to Link Mania and would like to give you links on this post for a few of them.

A Scrapbook of Inspiration is the first one. You must go visit Karen Harvey Cox. You'll find beautiful pictures, wonderful words, artwork to knock your socks off and soothing music. A real treat!

Next is my new friend Sarah and her family at Cottage Garden Studio. They are sweet young things! Go have a cup of tea with Sarah, read her blog, look at her pretties and say hello. You'll be glad you did.

I love monsters and Nicole at Mealy Monster Land is the place to visit. You'll smile all the way through. What talented people these doll artists are!

Lastly, you must spend some time at Shibori Girl. You'll find a little bit of everything here. Art. Food. Sunday is What's Cooking Sunday with good recipes! Enjoy!

If you visit any of my new friends, please tell them you saw them here first!

Thank you. Come again.
Have a wonderful, germ free day!
Achoo!

4 comments:

Rosa said...

I haven't done any crocheting this winter! Booo hiss!!! Oh, I do love your yarn! And yes, how does Lisa keep up with all the participants! I can't believe it! Yay for OWOH! xo

Pat - Arkansas said...

Wish I could crochet like that. My mama tried to teach me when I was a lot younger, but I never quite got the hang of making anything "dainty." I can crochet and double and triple crochet, but that's about it. Directions either make no sense or I botch them up completely.

Re: Terra Studios and the dragon ceramic -- I sure hope the dragon has made it. You would love it!! Thanks for the visit and comment.

Janet said...

Sorry you're not feeling so good. I hope by now you're much better. I like the baby afghan and the lap afghan. I love to crochet but other than a couple of simple hats I haven't been doing much of it. I need to get a project going. Maybe I'll do an afghan for myself since I've done one for everyone else in my family!

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

I LOVE your crocheting. I still think about the wonderful elephant!