Friday, April 15, 2011

This and That

I thought I'd try my hand at another This and That post.
But first, it is Friday and that means


Easter Postcard



This time it looks like the anthropomorphic bunnies have finished
preparing the jelly beans for Easter.
The unknown artist had quite an imagination.
A big thank you to Beth for being the hostess for Postcard Friendship Friday.


***





I can procrastinate with the best of them.
Now I can procrastinate the mindful way thanks to an article I found
at the Elephant Journal called 
While I'm procrastinating over what I should really be doing,  I can do things like:
organize my closet, do the laundry, empty the dishwasher, weed the garden,
get a haircut, make a dental appointment.

***


I'm sure many of you know about Meatless Monday.
Going meatless once a week may reduce your risk of preventable conditions like
cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity.
It can also help reduce your carbon footprint and 
save precious resources like fresh water and fossil fuel.


***

Speaking of recipes:
This one is meatless from Whole Foods.

Source

All Greek Salad

Serves 4

8 cups torn iceberg lettuce
1 cup chopped celery
1 can peas, drained
1 can (15 ounce) artichokes, drained and chopped
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
6 sprigs parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 tablespoons vinegar
4 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Mix
Eat!

***

Oops!

I almost forgot.
For those of you into mixed media --
Christy Tomlinson has a wonderful video featuring materials from Faber Castell.
It's really worth watching to see her little hope filled girl come to life.

Wishing you WELL and a JOY filled weekend!


17 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

ohmigod, this is already weekend, this is time to relax to enjoy your special post, lots of smiles and great energy here, merci beaucoup!
Adorable postcard and thanks for that recipe,it's a great idea for lunch time! ;)
hugs
Léia and little Luna

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And may you have a joy filled weekend too, Snap!

LindyLouMac said...

Never heard of Meatless Monday but we already eat a lot of meals without meat, so it is good to know it is helping our health.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

ha... your post reminds my of my youngest daughter. I knew what anthropomorphic means because she loves words and is always helping me build my vocabulary and also because she is very good at procrastinating!

Recipe sounds goo too! :) Happy weekend! (Daughter and family from NY are arriving tonight for the week, so I am super happy)

Barb said...

Happy spring to you there in Houston, Snap. My salad for tonight's dinner (meatless on Friday, I guess) looks a lot like the pictured one.

Postcard Perfect said...

I found the first postcard very clever and fun.Have a Happy Easter!
My Postcard Friendship Friday

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I adore those Easter bunnies! :) They've been so very cleverly drawn.

MrCachet said...

Meatless Monday? I do meatless Friday, and any other day of the week when we enjoy fish!

Crafty Christina said...

Mmm, that looks so good!

Naturegirl said...

Snap I sure love the idea of Meatless any day!I have recently added NO BEEF to my lifestyle so veggie recipes is what I'm heading for. Thanks for the site and the recicpe!

viridian said...

The bunnies in the postcard look more like hares. And they seem a little creepy - or is that just me?
Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

papel1 said...

Seeing that recipe from Whole Foods make me want to drive the 90 miles to the nearest one. I like their buffet and shop some too. Love the cute Easter postcard.
Judy

Funoldhag said...

You did a fine job with your This and That post. Love the serious looking bunnies - but I am going to have to look up the definition of anthromorphic! Have a great weekend.

Aimee Dars said...

Cute postcard and cute graphic for Meatless Monday!

Cheerful said...

nice card, love those colorful eggs...i don't have nay easter card so just enjoying yours! btw, just followed you and visiting you from postcard friendship friday but was late, anyway, happy weekend!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Snap, that bunny postcard is awesome... I think it's my favorite of all that you have posted... LOVE LOVE LOVE it... Thanks!!!!

And I love the Procrastinators poster..... Why do something today when we can do it TOMORROW!!!!!! ha

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

nonizamboni said...

Wonder-ful post!! Thanks for every-thing. . .you made my day, especially the procrastination kitty [I haven't read the article yet :O) ]Erica told me she was so burned out from the E.R. that it took her a day to push the 'on' button on her dishwasher that she had filled the day before [!]
xoxo