Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Greetings


Easter Greetings
Send I thee,
Glad and
happy may
it be.

Sounds like something Yoda from Star Wars would say!



A friend of mine was telling me about a book she reads to kindergarten classes.
She volunteers and has been volunteering at this school for years 
and has children come up to her in other grades
 and tell her they remember the story she read to them at Easter.

"It wasn't always the Easter Bunny who dyed eggs and wove baskets for the children--it was a round old couple who lived in a snug little house. Their pet white rabbit, however, always watched their preparations closely. One Easter morning, the old couple sleeps in, so the rabbit takes over. In time, the children discover they have the Easter Bunny to thank for their gifts."

The postcard is from the Easter Rabbit Postcard Book 
published by Darling & Company.
The artist is unknown but they did know the date - 1916.

Postcard Friendship Friday is hosted each week by the lovely Beth.

***

OOPS!

I almost forgot all about Earth Day.
Shame on me!



The Nature Conservancy suggests that to celebrate we should:
Eat Smart
Eat Local
Eat Sustainably
Eat Green
Eat Outside With Your Friends!

Wishing you WELL and a JOY filled  Earth Day. 




20 comments:

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

What an adorable card! Very Alice in Wonderlandy.

Anonymous said...

Too cold to et outside, except for the bunnies, they don't mind with their suggly fur coats. If the sun stay out maybe I can eat outside with them! 32 this morning doesn't feel like Eater one little bit. Love the post card though. xox Corrine

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have a lovely weekend!

Sarah Sullivan said...

I love vitage cards..that is lovely!! I love the story..of course you know now I have all kinds of drawing rolling around in my head LOL!! My Muse has had her coffee already..I am trying to catch up!
Happy Easter to you my friend..and Happy Earth Day!
Hugs and love, Sarah

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Easter, Snap....Adorable card...
Hugs,
Betsy

Sherry said...

Good Friday and Earth Day falling on the same day this year is serendipitous!

I love that story and this post card...even if it does sound like Yoda!! xo

My Grama's Soul said...

Cute poem.....cute card. Have a wonderful holiday.

Jo

Janet said...

Happy Easter! I just love that white bunny card.

And Happy Earth Day, too!!

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely bunny card and I like the Easter Bunny story too!

Carole said...

Love the card, and yes, it does sound like something that Yoda would say. lol

Happy Earth Day, though I think earth day should be every day (not just one day of out of the year). :-)

Barb said...

Hope the bunny leaves you something sweet, Snap! Happy weekend to you.

Nancy said...

The bunny is adorable. I love the old cards.
Nancy

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

He doesn't look hugely happy, does he? Maybe he thinks the ruffle is just too girly.

Sreisaat said...

I love vintage bunny cards! Now I have a new story to tell to my nieces and nephew. Thanks for sharing.

Postcards Crossing

LiT Web Studio said...

Very Alice in Wonderland...and just a little Donnie Darko ;-)
Happy Easter and happy PFF!

Unknown said...

That Vintage postcard is lovely. I have that book, a dear friend of mine gave it to my daughter when she was little. It is a wonderful story.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend.

Karen

Funoldhag said...

Cutest bunny I've seen for a while! Happy Easter!

Anya said...

Happy Easter dear Snap
hugssss from
Kareltje =^.^= Betsie >^.^<
Anya :)

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS_qJwxjYQk


_♥♥_♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥_________♥♥♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥_______♥♥___♥♥♥♥
_♥♥__♥♥_______♥___♥♥___♥♥
__♥♥__♥______♥__♥♥__♥♥♥__♥♥
___♥♥__♥____♥__♥♥_____♥♥__♥_____
____♥♥_♥♥__♥♥_♥♥________♥♥
____♥♥___♥♥__♥♥
___♥___________♥
__♥_____________♥
_♥____♥_____♥____♥
_♥____/___@_____♥
_♥______/♥__/___♥
___♥_____W_____♥
_____♥♥_____♥♥
_______♥♥♥♥♥

MrCachet said...

Have a Blessed and Happy Easter, Snap!

Dorincard said...

Highly huggable! :)