Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Southern Living



I'm doing something a little different today for tea post --
thanks to the May issue of Southern Living Magazine.


Sweet and Simple: 
23 New Ways to Enjoy Tea from Pitcher to Platter

The original article is by Mary Allen Perry and
the photographs by Jennifer Davick.



Doesn't this look wonderful?
Sweet tea and icebox tart.
It really looks good to me with the heat and humidity
in our area.


That's just the beginning.
The article has recipes for all sorts of sweet tea:
Mint Julep, Lemon-Blueberry, Ginger and Honey
Spiked Lemonade. Blackberry.

And the recipes for the food!!!
Sweet Tea-Brined Chicken
Sweet Tea Rice (several different ways)
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Sweet Tea Vinaigrette
Sweet Tea Dulce de Leche
Sweet Tea Tiramisu



Governor's Mansion Summer-Peach Tea Punch

It's almost too much for a tea lover to deal with!
Hurry!

There are so many tea parties in the Land of Blog.
These are just a few:


Wishing you WELL and a wonderful cup/glass of Tea!

"The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement."
~Arthur Gray

19 comments:

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Snap,
thank you for showing this article. The ideas are fabulous and all the teas and cake look very yummy. Great idea for summer.
Greetings, Johanna

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Tea! Is there nothing it can't do?

Janet said...

Okay, you've officially got me drooling! Blackberry anything always gets me so when I saw blackberry tea that was it! Now I have to get this magazine.

Hope you had a lovely Easter.

Dorothy Borders said...

Iced tea - my drug of choice. What would life be like without it?

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Snap!

Thanks for coming by for a visit! Oh these teas look so refreshing and yummy! I have to go check them out! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Oh, I'll take a tall glass of the blackberry. I have been having a love affair with fruity iced teas since least summer. Can't get enough, even in the winter!

Diann said...

These are beautiful images! I need to go get my copy soon! Have a great day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Snap,
The peach iced tea looks wonderful; not warm enough here yet to enjoy a glass but it sure does look refreshing! Thanks for sharing and joining me for Tea Time. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

That peach tea punch looks so good, can't believe you are hot and humid already. Recipes look yummy too. xox corrine

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog today! This post is AWESOME! I love it! Have a great week! Look forward to reading more.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

We drink a lot of iced tea here when it is warm. I liked your post today showing so many different ways to enjoy this beverage.
Floating fresh fruit in the pitcher sure adds appeal to a refreshing drink.
Judith

♥ Miss Tea said...

I am so agreeing with you with the sweet tea and icebox tart, they certainly perfect when the weather is hot and humid! i've been gulping a lemonade drink these couple of days coz im too hot! gorgeous photos and im drooling for the recipe for Mint Julep, Lemon-Blueberry, Ginger and Honey Spiked Lemonade. Blackberry.hmmmm...

Unknown said...

I love tea, and Southern Living! have a ice day! Sunny109

Betty said...

Wonderful post about tea. Love all the recipes on the site you gave.

Crafty Christina said...

I love iced tea in Summer! I look forward to it!

Sherry said...

Oh my gosh that looks awesome!!! I would be so happy sitting down on the porch with you having some tea and a tiny bit of that tartlette!!!

LadyV said...

Love this post...The teas look so good and refreshing. It was quite warm here today so iced tea was definitely the beverage of choice.

KathyB. said...

My friend insisted I take her Southern Living magazine home because she just knew I would appreciate the very article and recipes you just posted about. I am going to have to try some of those recipes.~thank-you!

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

It's too chilly here this morning to appreciate such a great article about iced tea! I will save this for June thank you!! Enjoy your hot and balmy weather, I'll send you a cold front or two.