Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Take It For A Spin

I wanted to share part of my Monday with you. I had lunch with my tribe member, Mar. We both had birthdays in late May and hadn't celebrated yet. We lunched at Benjy's, one of our favorite restaurants and after, we played with paint. This is what I came home with.





Take It For A Spin



Here are a couple of close-ups of the texture.
It was my first time using modeling paste and I think I'm in love.
I already had several projects running around in the little gray cells.
Now we'll see if I can get the plans to come together!



We both collect collage elements for each other -- stamps, napkins -- we never know what will be in a package. Mar is a shopper extraordinaire. You name it, she can find it and it will be a great deal. I never know what she's going to find for me. Here's is my latest surprise. Do you remember the post on the linens from Provence? Well, look what Mar found for me -- a round tablecloth from France. The colors are perfect for my dreamsicle kitchen!





I was so excited I took this photo of the tablecloth straight out of the package.

Whatever you do today -- take it for a spin!

Joy to You!


5 comments:

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

Great theme, even greater prompt! I like it alot. Modeling paste, huh? Looks like you've found a groove.

2sweetnsaxy said...

How cool! I like that tablecloth. It's great to have someone you can share things like that with.

Pretty Things said...

The tablecloth is divine! And I so wish I was able to paint. I just can't seem to do anything but paint a wall. In one color. With drips everywhere.

Eve said...

I love your painting - beautiful colors and textures!

What a gorgeous tablecloth!!

Kate Tracton said...

How nice to have a buddy to share things with like you and Mar!

That's a mighty dreamy tablecloth there. :)

Kate

BTW, thanks so much for all your rooting and support for me during this latest project! It's been a beast.