Friday, July 18, 2008

Books

I spent most of the July 4th weekend pleasure reading and enjoyed every minute.

"I started with An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Mystery by Jacqueline Winspear. This is the fifth book in the series and is the one I've enjoyed the most. The Maisie Dobbs mysteries are set in England after WW1. In this book, Maisie's work takes her to a picturesque village in Kent during the hop-picking season. I'm always happy when I enjoy a book for the story and learn something. Two for the price of one! Reading about hop-picking and gypsies was different and entertaining. Add Maisie and her investigative work and it was a story that was hard to beat. I've added An Incomplete Revenge to the Best of 2008 list.


The second book I read was Anatomy of Fear by Jonathan Santlofer. This is the first book in a new series by Santlofer featuring forensic artist Nate Rodriguez. I enjoyed the introduction to Nate Rodriguez and watching him work. Santlofer not only is an author but is also an artist living in New York. When he writes about art, he knows what he's talking about. Santlofer includes his own illustrations that really add pizzazz to the book. The story moved right along and I'll try the second book in the series, The Murder Notebook.


1 comment:

jonathan said...

Glad you liked ANATOMY OF FEAR. Hope you enjoy THE MURDER NOTEBOOK.
My best,
Jonathan Santlofer