Monday, July 9, 2018

I Had A Plan






This is what the 4th of July looked like at my house.
After hurricane Harvey last year,
I think it's safe to say the whole city has/had PTSD.
The last I heard, no homes were flooded,
just a lot of high blood pressure!



Rain



It has continued to rain off and on.
Today the sun is shining and I had a plan.

After feeding the kitties and the fish, 
getting my morning walk done,
and all the morning ablutions (love that word).

I walked over to Eclair Paris to have breakfast.
I had Eggs Benedict as usual.
I took my Mindful Magazine with me to read
and laughed out loud several times while reading an article on meditation.
(Been there and done that!) 

I came home with two sinfully delicious desserts.



Mindful Enjoyment


I saved them both.

Until...

I decided to try this one.
This is the owners new favorite.
Orange with a surprise!
I ate the top -- could taste the orange...
then the cream layer ... more orange
and got to...

Surprise!


strawberries



I reached the strawberry custard layer.

Wow! 

I can see and taste why it is her new favorite.


Yum!






But, I guess I'm old fashioned.
I still like the lemon tart the best.



Yum!

Wishing YOU well and much joy!

Mosaic Monday

Keep In Touch

Little Things Thursday

Share Your Cup Thursday


24 comments:

Mac n' Janet said...

Stay safe in all that rain. Your desserts look incredible.

Maggie said...

Well, you may have got your feet wet on the 4th but your taste buds certainly enjoyed some taste sensational fireworks!
Happy MM.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those desserts look amazing! Makes me wish I could eat sugar! But at least I have some strawberries to enjoy on cottage cheese this afternoon. I know...not the same! heehee! ENJOY!

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Monday. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much🎀love

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How nice to be able to walk to a favorite restaurant. The desserts look incredible! I think I'd be loving the strawberry custard-y one!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm sorry you got rained out for the Fourth. That happened to us last year. But...you more than made up for it in pastries.

Adam said...

That does look really good

Jeanie said...

I like the word ablution too.

It looks marvelous. I think I need breakfast now! How nice to have a spot like that within walking distance.

Or maybe not. Could be dangerous!

Michelle said...

Wow! That is a lot of rain! Glad there was no damage!

stardust said...

Wow, what a delicious surprise! I prefer custard to cream, and strawberry custard is perfectly lovely. I couldn’t imagine it from the second image. You made me hungry for sweets.

Yoko

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...


I'm glad there were no flooded houses this summer, Snap! '

We never get enough rain here so we could use a good steady downpour. Our county has a fire ban on so there were no fireworks for the 4th. It was very quiet!

Those pastries look so scrumptious! I actually woke up this morning dreaming of pie so I had to buy one in the store today..lol I got a cheryr pie--I ahven't had one in ages!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thank Goodness no homes were flooded. The desserts look yummy! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Debbie

Katie Mansfield said...

Wow. We are so dry this summer. We finally got some yesterday. That tart looks delicious. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that is too much rain. Your desserts look yummy. It would be tempting to eat too much with a restaurant like this nearby. Have a happy day!

Jennifer Wise said...

Wowwwww... I don't know if I could pick between those two!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

the rain-filled street looks like my street after a heavy storm hits here in Florida. Hope you drying out. I'd love to try those delicious foods you photographed.

Tom said...

...I'd give anything for some of that rain right about now. 😀

Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings... said...

One can't blame you for being a little panicky whenever it rains for extended periods of time after having lived through Harvey. Glad it stopped. The desserts look divine!

Visiting from Little Things Thursday

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It all looks delicious to me! We have record heat here. I wish we could a little bit of that rain here. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Pauliina/PauMau said...

Looks delicious! Here in northern Europe is +30 C and no rain almost on whole summer. Not normal summer in Finland but I enjoy :)

Mary K. said...

Lemon tart or strawberry and orange they all look so delicious!

Pam Richardson said...

Thankfully no homes were flooded. The dessert looks fabulous! I am dieting and sweets happen to be my favorite!

Beth Niquette said...

That lemon tart looks wonderful--as do all of them! LOL :D

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Fabulous place to go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just the wonderful looking desserts. Envious!!! But not of the terrible flooding. So sorry. hope that improves soon -- we are keeping our fingers crossed for the whole Gulf Coast, hoping our little Florida cottage and everybody else will survive the season. Take care....