Sunday, October 21, 2018

Easing Into The Season





Trader Joe's helped me finish the Halloween decorating.
They have wonderful brooms scented with cinnamon.
My front door area is completely covered.
When you walk to the front door you see pumpkins,
the brooms parked, and the scent of cinnamon.
It's really nice!



Broom  Parking



I like the succulents at Joe's.
This one is perfect for the Day of the Dead.


Boo!



Around the neighborhood,
my favorite dragon is back!


Halloween Dragon



I met this fisherman on a morning walk.
Very clever!


Fisherman



Finally!
Fall arrived.
We don't seem to ease into any season down here.
We went from 90 degrees one day to 55 the next.
That meant it is chili time!
My Halloween mug from Fiesta is the perfect size for chili.
You can find my recipe (easy) here.
YUM!


Chili Time




Halloween



The baby afghan is finished.
I found this wonderful Patchwork Animal pattern book from Annie's Attic.
Great stash busters!
I decided to make the Teddy Bear first.
Every child should have a Teddy Bear.



Patchwork Animals



Here he is all finished.


Teddy



Now I'm trying to decide which animal to crochet next!
Maybe the puppy?!



Teddy














16 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love the sugar skull planter, the skelly fisherman and the patchwork teddy bear! Yes, do the puppy next -- so cute!

Maggie said...

Great Halloween décor, cinnamon scented brooms sound gorgeous and the trick or treaters will be pleased to find somewhere to park their brooms when the time comes!Love your neighbours dragon.
The teddy is super, hope you make the puppy next.
Happy Mosaic Monday.

EricaSta said...

Happy MosaicMonday... lovely this hooked bear!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute Halloween decorations. I have been wanting to go to our local Trader Joe's, I keep putting it off. The crochet animals are cute. I like the bear. Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead!

Adam said...

It is a cool dragon.

Lorrie said...

What a cute crocheted teddy bear. I love the patchwork of colours. Lots of fun Halloween decor!

riitta k said...

You have great Halloween decorations! Halloween is not yet a big thing in Finland, but maybe it is coming. Happy MM.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Fun Halloween decorations, there, Snap! It has been much cooler here --my kind of weather and autumn color is winding down.

Love your knitted stuffies--very colorful and cute!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh that bear!! What a lucky baby that will be. TJs is the most fun store to shop at -- gotta go early in the day to the one here ; it gets so crowded by mid-afternoon you are lucky to find what you wanted.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wish I could follow directions and make these too. I like the lion...oh but the giraffe is very cute too! You should make them all! lol Love that mug for chili! Hugs!

Chris Lally said...

Hooray for Trader Joe's. We are fortunate to have one in our neighborhood, too!
Which animal to crochet next? I vote for the puppy.
And thanks for the chili recipe! Just in time for this beautiful season which you've just made even lovelier!

Gillena Cox said...

Luv your Fall photos and that teddy bear is soooo adorable
Have a nice week

much love...

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Great decorations everywhere! I love the skull planter.

Angie said...

It's nice that there are some constants in our traditions, like neighbors who decorate the same way each year. As comfy as a pair of old jeans! I love your teddy bear … I vote you do the giraffe next. I have a soft spot for a stuffed giraffe, especially in those colors!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This blog is delightful. I found you through Debra, and you shared my Trumpeter Book. Yay!
Thanks so much. Great to meet you.
Newest fan.
=)
Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your decorations!! And the Teddy Bear is so cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie