Monday, October 11, 2010

Tea Tuesday

I found this little book: 365 Things Every Tea Lover Should Know.
It's just one of many small tea books on the market from Harvest House Publishers.
I thought I'd start sharing some of the tidbits from this book every week on my tea post.

1. When making a great pot of tea, pour hot water into the teapot to warm it while the kettle of water is heating.

2. "My dear, if you could give me a cup of tea to clear my muddle of a head I should better understand your affairs." ~ Charles Dickens

3. Iced tea was invented at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair by an expatriate Englishman named Richard Blechynden. His hot tea wasn't selling so he poured it over ice and had an instant success.




I have some fun teapots and mugs that I like to use when Halloween is on the horizon.




The dragon teapot with the wizard.



The dragon mugs are from the Texas Renaissance Festival.
When we first moved to Texas some 20+ years ago, we went to the Festival every year.
Fifty three acres of New Market Village, filled with food, beverages, shops with unique arts and crafts, games of skill and human-powered rides.

This year there are eight themed weekends: 
Octoberfest, 1001 Dreams, Pirate Adventure, All Hallows Eve, Roman Bacchanal, Highland Fling, Barbarian Invasion and a three day Celtic Christmas celebration.

Anyone getting into the holiday spirit?!!!

I'm linking to Teacup Tuesday hosted by Martha and Terri!
They host such lovely tea parties. Be sure to check out the teacups on parade!

Sandi hosts Teatime Tuesday.
So many tea parties.
So little time!!!

Wishing you well, a great cup of tea, and a JOY filled week!

"The path to heaven passes through a teapot."
Ancient Proverb


24 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love the tea pot! Great book. Thanks for being part of the party. It would not be the same without you. Blessings, Martha

Janet said...

LOVE the dragon teapot! It's so perfect for you and Mr Dragon.

Vicki said...

Hello, dear friend,
Love your tea lover's book, just perfect for our tea times on Tuesday. Your dragon and wizard tea pot is cute as can be, too, and perfect for our Halloween celebrations. Happy Tea Time to you~ Vicki

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Snap, Love your Dragon teapot --and those precious mugs.... Too cute---and perfect for the Dragon Family.... ha ha

Sounds like a great little book for tea lovers...Thanks for sharing some of the 'things' for us....

Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

'Evening Snap,
Thanks for stopping by and joining my tea party. I love that tea book and all the quotes you shared. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Gee said...

Hi Snap,

That was fun to have something unique for yr coming halloween. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As a teenager, I learned the hard way to always "warm the pot" when I cracked my Mom's best teapot by failing to do so! . . . . I love the wizard riding the dragon!

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Snap
Thanks for sharing the inserts from the Tea book. Have a great week.

Wanda

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Never see a black dragon teapot before.. very unique! but the book, I must say that I should go have a look.. sounds very interesting. thanks for sharing. have a great day!
xo
fitty

KathyB. said...

I don't think I have ever seen a wizard and dragon teapot! And the little bits of wisdom, so interesting. I was thinking how much it must have pained Richard Blechindon to have ruined a good cup of tea by pouring it over ice.

Yes, I am getting in the holiday mood~ thank-you Snap!

Jacoba said...

Hi Snap,

I laughed about Charles Dickens sigh! I can almost hear him saying it!
Very nice post, very informative, and such pretty things you are showing us.
The coming days I will read back in your blog and the links you gave us to previous tea posts.

Happy Tea Time!
Jacoba

Terri said...

O.k. this tea pot is seriously cool! As are the tea mugs! What a fab post for October!
Thank you so much for sharing with us today.
Hugs,
Terri

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love that dragon/wizard tea pot. I used to collect tea pots, but had to stop when I moved to small quarters. I've since parceled them out to family members. I have only one small (2 cup) pot left, and it's about time to take it out of the cupboard. I especially like hot tea when it turns cool.

Marie said...

You have the coolest tea collection and trivia about tea. I always enjoy it! BTW, my husband would love that teapot. Stopping by from Teacup Tuesdays. Oh and I'm having a gift raffle. Hope you can join.
-marie

High Street Cottage said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by the high street cottage and for the nice comment. Great blog! Have a wonderful TeaCup Tuesday

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I love your dragon teapot...whimsical and so much fun!
Happy Tea Tuesday
Jil

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Perfect little vignette. The dragon and cups are wonderful pieces. have a great day! Linda

Barb said...

Of course you would have a Dragon tea pot, Snap! It's funny, isn't it, how a simple addition like ice could make a sensation.

Crafty Christina said...

Great tea pieces! Thanks for sharing!

Diann said...

What a fun teapot! I don't have any Halloweenish type teapots. I have at least one for most of the other holidays. Now I have to really start searching! LOL

Princesa Nadie said...

I would love getting that book!
Really interesting
Meeting you is a pleasure
Love

GardenOfDaisies said...

I did not know about iced tea being invented at the St Louis world's fair! So cool!

parTea lady said...

I don't think I've ever seen a dragon theme tea set before - it's great - fun for Halloween too.

April said...

May I ask where you found your dragon tea pot?