We are another day closer to Thanksgiving. Do you have sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving? How do you prepare them? Here's a recipe I cut out of the Houston Chronicle years ago. I made it the first time to take to a Holiday pot luck.
Cranberry Apple Sweet Potatoes
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
You'd guess correctly if you figured I've made some adjustments to the recipe over the years. I put it in a much larger baking dish (I guess can sizes change). I also mix the sweet potatoes with a little brown sugar and a 1/4 cup of bourbon (you could use rum) to give the recipe a little more zing. It makes a pretty dish and has all those wonderful autumn colors and foods I think of when I think Thanksgiving.