Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Magic




Flowers
From the kitchen table


Christmas Magic

Are we too grownup to feel a thrill
As we light the Christmas tree?
Are we immune to cookies,
Christmas cards and Christmas glee?
Are we too adult to "Ooh" and "Aah"
At the Christmas candle's glow?
Are we blasé about our gifts;
Do we shun the mistletoe?
Are we too mature for carols,
For merry or for jolly?
Do the decorations leave us cold,
The ornaments and holly?
Fat chance! We'll never grow too old
To love the Christmas magic.
A year without a Christmas
Would be boring, even tragic.
So bring it on! The candy canes,
The feasting and good cheer;
O Christmas, lovely Christmas,
You're the highlight of the year!
By Joanna Fuchs


Teddy Mug with Friend
Beary Christmas!

Wishing YOU well and much joy!




Little by Little





10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So charming! And I love hobnail glass.

Anonymous said...

Nice flowers. I'll skip the candycanes though, they are all for you! xox

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A lovely poem. Some years we do lose the magic and inspiration for Christmas don't we?
A cute teddy mug.
First, I couldn't believe my luck at winning the pink tea for one set from Tea Time and then when you won the teapot that is 'so you' I thought these were meant to be! Mine came by courier within a week but I haven't shown it on my blog yet. :-)

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely poem ~ so appropriate for the Season and beautiful and cheery photos!

Happy Holidays to you,
artmusedog and carol

Unknown said...

Bring it on!!!! beautiful post.. love it!

Janet said...

The little kitty on the kitchen table is so cute...and the poem says it all. Sadly this year I've lost the Christmas-y feeling but I know it will return.

Barb said...

Sending a hug your way from CO, Snap. I like the Christmas kitty.

Kim Cunningham said...

I'm not too mature. I still love it all. These are beautiful.

Vee said...

Yup, I still hear the bell ring. Merry Christmas, Snap!

Willow said...

Merry Christmas from all of us at the farm !
Willow and the gang