It's Friday the 13th.
I've always found those days to be lucky!
- The roads in my neighborhood are being resurfaced. They need it. In order to resurface the old surface needs to come off and the road evened out. Talk about a lot of noise and dust everywhere. I was singing Shake, Rattle and Roll and so was the house.
- It's been raining for four days straight. I'm not complaining. We seem to be moving into the spring rains and the more rain we get, the fewer really hot days we will have in the summer. Funny how that works! Not that I won't be complaining about the heat. August will still be Ughust.
- All that rain has turned our street into a lake. The drains have been blocked to keep the nasty street "stuff" from going down the drain and into the bayous. Thinking about getting the water wings out......!
|Kito and Kiburi|
- I had a behind the scenes tour with the cheetahs at the Houston Zoo. They are gorgeous animals. I gave Kito watered-down goat milk. He thinks that's a great treat. It's placed in a spray bottle and sprayed into his mouth. Close enough to feel his breath on my hands. I also met Taji, the Anatolian Shepherd that has been raised with the cheetahs. It was cold that morning and a chai tea latte at the Woodbar was in order after the tour. The behind the scenes tours also include an ride around the zoo to check in with some of my favorite animals and this day I got a sneak peak at the new Gorilla habitat. Oh, my! It is a jaw dropper! Amazing. Opening on Memorial Day to the public.
- I had my teeth cleaned and my eyes checked this week. Done and done!
Wishing YOU well and much joy!