Friday, January 2, 2015

Reading Challenge




My best friend Sally Rosenbaum
My Best Friend by Sally Rosenbaum


I read 68 books in 2014.
I'm always looking for new ways to spice up my reading selections.
I found a link on Face Book from Susan Wittig Albert (one of my favorite mystery authors) to a Reading Challenge on Popsugar.

Looks like fun! 

Here's a few of the selections:

- A book with more than 500 pages
- A classic romance
- A book that became a movie
- A book published this year
- A book with a number in the title
- A book with nonhuman characters
- A funny book
- A book by a female author
- A mystery or thriller
- A book with a one word title
- A book of short stories
- A book set in a different country
- A nonfiction book
- A popular author's first book
- A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet.
- A book a friend recommended
- A Pulitzer Prize winning book
- A book based on a true story
- A book at the bottom of your to-read list
- A book your Mom loves
- A book that scares you
- A book more than 100 years old
- A book based entirely on its cover
- A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
- A memoir

and that's just the first half of the list!
I think I'll take the challenge.
Anyone else???

You can find a link to the entire list at Popsugar.

Wishing YOU well and much joy in this new year!

The game is on!



6 comments:

Dorothy Borders said...

Very interesting. I can't resist this challenge, so count me in!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to approach reading for the year. I've 5 new books sitting waiting to be read right now, but I will watch along and pick up a few perhaps. xox

Pondside said...

I like the sound of this challenge but I know myself too well to commit to it. I just know that I'd pick a category and love the book and them hie off on a earth for more books by the author order books on the topic...
One of the great joys of reading is how it leads to more reading!

Texas Leigh said...

I love this list. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on all the books you've read. You should publish your list.
I've got a fun suggestion for the "book with nonhuman characters." It's written by local author, Chris Rogers (ChrisRogers.com), and it's titled "Emissary." An alien inside the brain of a detective (and others) makes for some intriguing reading. Happy New Year.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You're ambitious Sharon to read that many books in one year. The challenge looks like fun, good luck to complete it.

My Little Home and Garden said...

Good Luck with the challenge! It sounds like a fun approach to exploring books.

Karen