Thursday, November 20, 2014

I Missed Hump Day!




Yesterday was Hookin' On Hump Day and I missed it.
I'm taking a class in Community Studies at Rice University on hump day.
The time just seems to fly but I did have a crochet project to share with you.

A good friend of mine put in her wish for a pair of fingerless gloves.
She saw this free Red Heart Pattern for wavy long wristers and said "this is what I want".
I missed her birthday.
I couldn't find the yarn in town and had to order.
Here they are all finished in time for Christmas.


Fingerless Gloves


After running out of yarn on projects in the past,
I ordered one extra of each color.
Lo and behold, the pattern seems true!
So I have enough yarn to make another pair.


Fingerless Gloves

I'll have yarn leftover
and plan on making a pair for me, but much shorter.

Be sure to check out the other Hump Day projects!

Wishing YOU well and much joy!










8 comments:

Anna said...

They are beautiful !!!
Thanks for your visit !
Have a nice day !
Anna

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm sure the fingerless gloves will create a big smile when they are opened for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Lucky friend, these are terrific. xox

My Little Home and Garden said...

It's great to be able to make something for someone who really appreciates it! Your friend is lucky to have you to crochet a gift for her.

-Karen

Janet said...

I'm sure your friend will love them. They're beautiful. I think I'll check out that pattern for my daughter.

Last night I made my first pair of knitted fingerless gloves! They were super easy but I feel such a sense of accomplishment. Knitting is still so new to me.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a special gift! They are beautiful! And now you get a pair :)

Linda said...

They are lovely!

Unknown said...

How gorgeous! My sister is the knitter in our family. I love the color of these. You know what I love most about fingerless gloves is that when it's freezing outside and you want to take a photo, you can because your fingers are free.

Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving.
Karen