Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Random Things



It's Friday.

Sit back and relax.

I have some random, this and that, things for you.




Thank you, Nancy!


*

Since today is Good Friday and Easter is Sunday,
here is a reproduction vintage postcard celebrating the holiday.


Easter Greetings

No artist, publisher or date was listed.
Can you hear the music?!!!

Thank you to the lovely Beth for hosting Postcard Friendship Friday each week.

**

Sometimes the kitties think simplest toys are the best.
Like an empty box.
In this case, it was a waded up piece of paper.
I think the sound got Cassie's attention.
I threw it across the room, Cassie fetched, and we had a game going that's lasted all week.
Of course, the other two had to get in on the act and two more pieces of paper gave their all in
two furious games of soccer for Teddy and Mina.

***

I mentioned that I finished a counted cross stitch project.
I couldn't share it with you as it was a birthday gift.
The gift has been delivered and here is the project all finished.



Home is Where The Dog Is

This is a kit I purchased from The Stitchery.

****

I'm taking part in the Liberate Your Art Postcard Swap.
This is my first postcard swap and the reason I liked it --
I could use photographs of art I had previously made.
Five postcards (goes well with 5 random things) could be made of one image or more.
I made five different postcards using 4 Index Card a Day images and one tea image.
Kat Sloma put the swap together and I should be seeing postcards in the mail by mid April.
I'll share as they come in.
Thank you Kat!

*****

What a lovely book and what lovely letter writing.
It really makes you think about the lost art of writing ... and writing letters.
I'm taking the letters a few at a time.

Wishing YOU well and much joy this holiday season.
Happy Spring!



24 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Now that's a cross-stitch project my husband would like!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a fun project!!!

smartcat said...

I found you by wandering through the blogs. Very nice stuff. Happy Easter!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Love that postcard!

Nancy said...

I used to do cross-stitch when my kiddles were young -- about 25 years ago! Love yours.

Have a lovely weekend dear!

Maggid said...

LOVE the Trombone playing Bunny.
and
Thank you for sharing so many great ideas.
Happy Five Day!
-g-

Sherry said...

Lovely randomness!! I too am taking part for the first time in Kat's postcard swap, Liberate your Art! Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a card done by one another!!

Love the cross-stitch...the recipient will have been delighted!

And I'm loving the Easter bonnet on the chickie in the post card...reminds me of all the bonnets my mother had me wear when I was a child!

Happy Easter Snap! xoxox

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love your header shots. so Easter-y or Springy.

Happy Easter!! ( :

i love Julia Child - such a beautiful soul. i love to watch her & her cooking abilities. what a lady. amazing indeed.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

AMAZING....so much patience is in that beautiful cross stitch! :)

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Your cross stitch is lovely--you do good work! :-)

One of our cats loves to bat around pieces of ice. She looks like an ice hockey player when she's whizzing it around the floor. We have tons of toys for them, but they do find the most interesting things to play with, don't they?

Deanna said...

ahh, sweet postcard, don't ya just love those vintage postcards. Love your stitchery. I used to do cross-stitch, then bad eyes and a little arthritis set in..oh well.

Mary said...

I love your cross stitch! So adorable and happy. :) Happy Easter!

Betty said...

That's a great pattern! My cats just eat the paper, but they love boxes.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love your vintage Easter card and your counted cross stitch.
Thanks for stopping by and Easter Greetings to you too!

A Colorful World said...

What an interesting Random 5! I love that beautiful vintage postcard! Love your cross-stitch picture too!

Karen Lakis said...

I love the way kitties play with simply things - mine always used to chase my daughter's hair ties. The cross stitch is adorable, I used to do that, but haven't in years. Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

What patience is displayed in the beauty of your cross stitch gift. The recipient must be someone very special.
Love that vintage post card too - so cute!

Vee said...

Wonderful cross stitch! A dog lover must have loved receiving it. How fun that you've been in a week-long game with the cat!

VioletSky said...

I have several unfinished cross stitch projects - sometimes, i get a little too ambitious!!
That rabbit must have a good set of lungs!

Anonymous said...

The cross stitch is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Snap,
On the lost art of letter writing: I like sending cards and decorating them with stickers. I think it's fun to send loved ones a little note to let them know I am thinking about them.

I finished reading The Cider House Rules yesterday. Excellent read.

Robyn
theranchwifechronicles.com

Beth Niquette said...

The postcard is marvelous and I LOVE the embroidered piece! Beautiful!

Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

Janet said...

That's a great cross stitch! And what a wonderful gift.

I laughed about the soccer game with the kitties. We have bought all kinds of cat toys but the things they like best are an old rawhide shoestring with a bit of ribbon tied on the end, and any kind of paper.

Happy Easter!!

Mary said...

Snap~ Home IS where the dogs are!! So cute, I'm sure your recipient is thrilled! Adorable vintage Easter post card!