Friday, April 27, 2012

My Smile List



Do you make lists?
I have the ever ready to-do list.
The list that reminds me to make the dentist appointment, order new glasses, buy sunscreen.
The sunscreen I had was expired -- note to self -- check those dates.
Then there is the grocery list.

This last week I decided to make a new list -- a list of things that make me smile.
Why not?!!

- I made lemon poppy seed scones. I use a mix I purchase at World Market.
Add water, mix, bake, easy.
 These are good, but not my favorite -- pumpkin spice takes that honor. 
But I still smile when I sit down with my tea and have a lemon poppy seed scone.

- I've been drinking Honey Lemon Ginseng Green Tea by Celestial Seasonings.
Yummy!
I love the Celestial Seasonings box.
Lovely decoration and some wonderful quotes on their tea boxes.
Like this one:
"Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to create"
~Nicholas Malebranche




Mosaic

- I had breakfast tacos at the ballpark on Sunday because the game started so early.

- I bought the Summer 2012 issue of Romantic Country because of the beautiful aqua color on the front cover. 
There is something about aqua and turquoise that makes me smile. 
Perhaps these colors make me feel cool.
 It is getting hot and humid here!

- There was also an article about vintage postcards and I do like postcards!



Roses From The Garden


- Fresh roses from the garden really make me smile
Such a joy!

- I must not forget the kitties ... Cassie and Teddy ... little furry smile machines.

-I got a note today in the mail from my bank. They hoped I be back soon and bring my smile with me! 

So, did I learn anything by making a smile list?
 Yes.
 I learned that one smile leads to another and another.
A smile is contagious!
I suddenly noticed there are a lot of smiling people out there. 
You just have to smile and look! 


***

It is Friday and that means it is postcard day.
Here are two from my own collection.
I purchased them when I was in Galveston for BGD's (Beautiful God Daughter) wedding.



The Seawall, Galveston Island, Tx Postcard

From the back of the postcard:

Galveston Island's famous seawall originally built as protection against storms is now home to fun and recreation for thousands of visitors annually. The statue, a monument to the indomitable spirit of the people of Galveston Island, was erected in the year 2000, the 100th anniversary of the infamous "Great Galveston Hurricane of 1900"


One of things Islanders learned during Hurricane Ike -- even with a seawall, a 20 foot storm surge wins.


This vintage linen look card also takes a look along the Seawall on Galveston Island.

Seawall and Beach, Galveston, Tx Postcard



Wishing you WELL and much JOY!






19 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

What a lovely post,I really enjoyed it. I could see you smiling :)
xx

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

Love your smile list and the roses w/ Buddha! And I'm totally fascinated by the postcards - cool share!

Pondside said...

There is nothing that connects people better and faster than a smile.
I enjoyed the collection of things that make you smile - they did the same thing for me. Aqua - just makes me think of freshness and summer breezes, and those roses - well, I could almost smell them.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I'm rally bad at keeping lists. :) I have no trouble making on but sticking with it is a pain. I forget all about it in a second. :) Thanks so much for pimping my class. :)

Ruth Kelly said...

Your smile list made me smile too. Marvelous list. I too am a list maker. I seem to need that constant reminder and if it's on a list, I accomplish my to do list.

Dorothy Borders said...

Keep smiling! Happy weekend!

Janet said...

You made a wonderful Smile List. That's such a good idea. I try to smile at everyone because I know smiles are contagious.

I have a small book I keep in my purse and it's where I jot down all the things I need to buy or do. That way when I'm out and about I can pick up things I know I need. It works for me.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I absolutely love your postcards - they made me smile too. :)

Touching all the wood in sight as I write this, we are unlikely to have a real hurricane where I live, but nevertheless we are having a sea wall built this coming summer.

Sabrina DS said...

Hi,
Very cool post, really enjoyed every bit of it!
Cheers from France

Funoldhag said...

I believe in smiling!! And laughing, too. Love people who are lighthearted and full of fun. Your list of things that make you smile is great - your postcards, too - and I am sending you one of my smiles!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh the roses are gorgeous!
So nice to see your smile list with lots of pictures :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like your smile list, Snap! It also made me smile :)

The Galveston postcards are very interesting.

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a smile list. I wanted to thank you for introducing me to Brave Girls. I love those words and somedays they can change my mind to lean towards encouragement and all things good.

Your postcards are lovely too.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Karen

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I can just imagine you smiling...and so am I! Thanks for coming over and leaving me a lovely comment. Enjoy your evening.
FABBY

Jennifer Richardson said...

what a glad and grateful list;
thanks for sharing your
yummies:)
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Snap! Oh, did you know I live in Galveston? Love your post cards too!
Hope you're having a great weekend and thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It's just the simple things in life that make us smile, isn't it? I loved reading your list and picturing you smiling at every one of them! Happy Sunday! :)

Lori said...

LOVE you list, your photos are yummy, too. Love that mosaic. You've had a glorious week.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This was such a sweet post! I like the way you put the pictures together into a mosaic too...lovely!