Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Tea Bliss



Another tea cup that I found at the Guild Shop.


Blenheim Tea Cup


I've paired the new tea cup with another Price&Kensington tea pot
that I found at T.J. Maxx. I should have purchased one
in every color that Maxx had,
but I kept telling myself I had enough tea pots!
But it is fun to pair them up with a tea cup to make a pretty tea for one.

Blenheim Mosaic

The bottom of the tea cup reads:
Queen's China
Blenheim
A Crownford Product
English Bone China
Est 1875


Blenheim Tea Cup Mosaic

A few more quotes from Tea Bliss by Theresa Cheung:

"The best state of mind in which to drink tea is one of deep meditation. The second best is while looking at a beautiful landscape or listening to music. The third best is during stimulating conversation. In all cases it is necessary to aspire towards a quiet and tranquil frame of mind."
~Paichang (729-814), Chinese Ch'an (Zen) master

"You can taste and feel, but not describe, the exquisite state of repose produced by tea, that precious drink, which drives away the five causes of sorrow."
~Ch'ien Lung (1710-1789), Chinese emperor

"If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you."
~Anonymous

"I hope next time when we meet, we won't be fighting each other. Instead we will be drinking tea together."
~Jackie Chan, Rumble in the Bronx

"(I am) a hardened and shameless tea drinker, who for twenty years diluted his meals with only the infusion of the fascinating plant; who with tea amused the evening, with tea solaced the midnight, and with tea welcomed the morning."
~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784), English writer

Thanks to our tea party hostesses.
These are just a few of the tea parties in the Land of Blog.

Wishing YOU well and a wonderful cup of tea! 


26 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Tea tastes better in a pretty cup, it's true!

Tea & Chocolate Guy said...

Your tea cup is so lovely and the little blue tea pot goes so well. I love your tea quotes ~ number two really is how I feel about tea. I can't explain it .. but tea really has helped me (quieten my mind) since my accident in ways that Meds have not been able to.

Wishing you a happy tea time..xo HHL

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Snap,
You certainly paired the perfect set. Your teacup and tea pot are so pretty together. You created such a lovely mosaic of pics too.
TJ Maxx has the best finds. I am due for a visit for Fall myself.

I agree with that last comment. Tea does taste better in a pretty cup.
Hope you are having cooler temps in your area of Texas. This morning almost feels cold in comparison to those dreadful triple digits. It will warm up, but you can feel Fall in the air. Love it!! so inspiring.

Enjoy a special week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

parTea lady said...

That is a beautiful teacup. I wish there was a guild shop like that near me. Your blue teapot does look pretty with it.

♥ Miss Tea said...

gorgeous teacup! i also love ur teapot, cute color. I love to mismatched teacups and teapots even the saucers, it's fun! loving all the tea quotes and so so true!

x susan

Janet said...

You just keep finding the best tea cups. This one is beautiful....it looks so delicate and so feminine. It must make you smile to enjoy a cup of tea in a different, lovely cup each time.

Diann said...

That is really a beautiful teacup and saucer set!

Zaa said...

Thank You for a most enjoyable read...I love the quotes and definately agree that, tea does taste better in a pretty cup...Your china selections are beautiful ...Thanks ..Hugs

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous, Snap.... I love love love the colors of that teacup and saucer... So beautiful!!!! Not sure I've ever seen a prettier one.
Hugs,
Betsy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I enjoyed your tea quotes! And I LOVE, love, love your pretty teacup! Love the colour and shape of it. Tea is always better in a pretty teacup! Thanks for sharing this with Tea Time and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in my circle of friends for tea today. You can bring along that cutest of blue teapots...and I love all your quotes you've chosen..have a great day x

MJ said...

My mother has given me several bone china teacups in the last several years, and I am always to afraid to use them, or to even have them by my kids. They sit, dusty and hidden, high away in the cupboard. Seeing your posts always makes me want to break them out!!! One day it would be nice to have them out and use them :).

Always nice to meet another Gemini btw!!!!
xx oo

Marie said...

Love the pretty colors of your new teacup! And my, what a bargain too! Enjoy it.
-Marie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love pretty tea cups and tea pots! My daughter-in-law introduced me to Teavanna teas in a Denver mall recently and I bought a complete red tea set I saw in the store window in a moment of weakness :)

Wanda Lee said...

Hi Snap,

What a delightfully pretty teacup!..,Such lovely colors as well; beautiful!

Many thanks for joining me for the celebration of my 100th, Tuesday Tea For Two', as well as for our 71st, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'. Two'.

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Snap
The new teacup is very pretty and I've been enjoying the quotes you're sharing.
Wish we had TJ Max in Canada.
Judith

Carrie said...

Your teacup is lovely and the two mosaics are very pleasing.

Pondside said...

Nothing quenches thirst like a good cup of tea - at least for me, it's true.

Cezar and Léia said...

Impressive and so beautiful!
Wonderful teacup!
Luna

Terri said...

Wow, what a gorgeous cup you found at the shop! The pattern is totally romantic and pretty. I love the handle on it too. The tea pot is a fab color! I would have bought it and more colors too!
Hugs,
Terri

Maria Andrade said...

Hi Snap,
This beautiful tea cup looks so well together with the blue teapot!
Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting me on Tea Day.

Micupoftea said...

Lovely quotes! I love shopping at TJMax....the teapot is a great find. Your Queens cup is so pretty~

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hi Snap,
what a beautiful tea cup. One can never have enough beauty around oneself. Tea cups are absolutely necessary in a household, so you should buy everyone, you love. This is so charming. Thanks for your visit and your kind comment on my blogpost.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sherry said...

Such a pretty cup and I love your thinking...that a cup of tea be paired with a teapot as beautiful as the cup. Yes!!!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: A beautiful cup. I know the feeling, you think you just cannot buy one more cup and then it happens. You fall in love with a new one and the collection continues. I love your choices. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous teacup!