Thanksgiving is coming!
The neighbors are getting ready!
I thought I'd repeat it this year.
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house or going elsewhere?
I like cooking at home. This year marks one year since Mr. Dragon's cancer was diagnosed. We are going to have a quiet day at home.
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey?
For several years I bought a fresh heirloom turkey, but was disappointed the last year I tried one. This year I'm preparing a turkey breast (frozen).
3. What kind of stuffing?
Granny's cornbread dressing and this year, I'm going to add a few cranberries for color.
4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
Neither. Apple pie!
5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?
Can never have enough turkey leftovers!!! So many wonderful things to make with them!
6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Bourbon sweet potatoes
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
After all these years, I think I have it all figured out. Don't know what (or where) I'd put a new gadget!
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
I learned early on to get as much done before Thanksgiving as possible so that I just have to warm things up. We'll be watching parades and football games. We eat in the early afternoon and snack the rest of the day!
10. If you go to somebody else's house, what is your favorite dish to bring?
Pumpkin cheesecake or apple pie
11. What do you wish your guests wouldn't bring to your house?
If you have a cold, please stay home!
12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see?
A group I'm happy to see.
13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
14. What are you thankful for this year?
I'm thankful that the love of my life, my knight in shining armor, my best friend is sharing Thanksgiving with me. I'm thankful for my *family by choice* (you know who you are). I'm thankful for another beautiful day on Mother Earth.
Mosaic Monday is hosted by the lovely Mary.
Each mosaic is different. Each has its own story to tell
Wishing you well and a JOY filled week.