Monday, June 1, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today... June 1, 2009
The Merry Month of May is over!

Outside my window... the sun is shinning brightly. There’s not a cloud in the sky. It’s going to be hotter than hades today.

I am thinking... how exciting last nights baseball game was. What fun we had. Our section sang Happy Birthday to me and at the end of the inning, after announcing no runs, one hit and no one left on base the announcer said “Happy Birthday Snap”! They certainly didn’t have to do that, but I guess they got into the ‘mood’ since we sit just below the press box! The NCAA can be such a stickler about things during tournament time so we were surprised they said something that wasn’t tournament related! One of our section mates made brownies and I passed them around. I didn't have one until after the game -- too busy chewing Double-Bubble.

I am thankful for...another day on Mother Earth.

From the kitchen...I’m not cooking today! We will use a coupon for lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen. A nice salad is calling my name!

I am wearing... I’ve just returned from the gym and from watering the garden. Grubby best describes red shorts, gray Planet Hollywood Paris t-shirt and tennis shoes.

I am reading... The Celtic Riddle: An Archaeological Mystery by Lyn Hamilton one in a box of books sent to me by Saurian (dragon/lizard -- get it?!) sister in California.

I am hoping...our Owls move on to the Super-regionals. It’s fun being “grandparents” to a baseball team!

I am creating... finishing a knit shawl and working on a counted cross-stitch

I am praying... for Anne Marie and Cydney Marie

Around the house...I hear Mr. Dragon mumbling/grumbling about the house taxes.

One of my favorite things...college baseball!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Rice baseball tonight, Astros baseball on Wednesday, work/play in the garden, be crafty/arty

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




(Taylor Wall from the Rice baseball web site.)

To read more Daybook posts or learn how to participate, visit The Simple Woman’s Daybook.

6 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Sounds like you had a ball for your birthday ! Yay !

Enjoy the week in the warmth and sun !

Wildflowerhouse said...

It's always fun to have birthdays. As a wise friend once said to me, "think of the alternative my dear" Good grief. Happy Birthday dear Snap. Sharon

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Snap! What an honor to have the announcer much less your section acknowledge the birthday...pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Ah, what a fun way to celebrate your B-Day!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Snap! Oh, the baseball story is so cool -- they announced it, hey? :)
Sounds like a great time!!!

gotta love the garb!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ohhhh Happy Happy Birthday to you hon!!! Can you hear me singing - really loud from IDAHO!!! I'm sending a little treat to you my dear!! Hugs, Sarah