Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Party!

On October 18 there is Halloween Party. Ms. Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist is the hostess with the mostess. I hope ya'll will come and play. I'm starting early. Tomorrow is the Bayou City Art Festival and we want to get there early -- help to open the gates!!

There are three treats here for you. Thanks for visiting. Happy Halloween!



Snoopy will be telling fortunes.





Mr. Skelly plans to dance to "Putting on the Ritz".




Even the garden fairies are getting into the mood.



(Dover Clip Art For You)



How about some jokes?

What do goblins and ghosts drink when they're hot and thirsty on Halloween?
Ghoul - aid!

What is a Mummie's favorite type of music?
Wrap!!

Where does a ghost go on Saturday night?
Anywhere where he can boo-gie.


(Dover Clip Art For You)



Why did the game warden arrest the ghost?
He didn't have a haunting license.

Where does Count Dracula usually eat his lunch?
At the casketeria.

What happens when a ghost gets lost in the fog?
He is mist.

Why did the ghost go to the bar?
For the boos.

Why did the Vampire read the Wall Street journal?
He heard it had great circulation.

What is a vampires favorite holiday?
Fansgiving!

(Dover Clip Art For You)



JOHN’S PUMPKIN
by Mrs. Archibald

Last spring I found a pumpkin seed,
And thought that I would go
And plant it in a secret place,
That no one else would know,
And watch all summer long to see
It grow, and grow, and grow,
And maybe raise a pumpkin for
A Jack-a-lantern show.

I stuck a stick beside the seed,
And thought that I should shout
One morning when I stooped and saw
The greenest little sprout!
I used to carry water there,
When no one was about,
And every day I’d count to see
How many leaves were out.

Till by and by there came a flower
The color of the sun,
Which withered up, and then I saw
The pumpkin was begun;
But oh! I knew I’d have to wait
So long to have my fun,
Before that small green ball could be
A great big yellow one.

At last, one day, when it had grown
To be the proper size,
Said Aunt Matilda: “John, see here,
I’ll give you a surprise!”
She took me to a pantry shelf,
And there before my eyes,
Was set a dreadful row of half
A dozen pumpkin pies.

Said Aunt Matilda; “John, I found
A pumpkin, high and dry,
Upon a pile of rubbish, down
Behind that worn-out sty!”
O, dear, I didn’t cry, because
I’m quite too big to cry,
But, honestly, I couldn’t eat
A mouthful of the pie.


18 comments:

Salinda said...

Happy Halloween! The kiddos loved the jokes! Thanks!

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

LOL - the jokes!!! Mwahahaha
The cat on your site kind of scared me too! *bookmarking you*

♥ visit me at www.afiori.com ♥

AwtemNymf said...

Yay for the faeries!
*sprinkle sprinkle*
I like that song.. Puttin' on the Ritz! I haven't heard that song in years! Tee Hee!
I'm Blog Hopping from Vanessa's "A Fanciful Twist" Party <{:O)
Stop by my place too... I'm having a couple of give-aways!
Have a bootiful day!
Be Enchanted!
~A~v

Lola Enchanted said...

Such a cute post!!! Nice to meet you!!

Happy Halloween!~

inge said...

I like the jokes !!

greetings from Belgium
Inge

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a fun post! I loved the jokes. Thanks for the smiles. Happy Halloween. Twyla

Unknown said...

I am glad Snoopy is at the party. He is the best! Have a great time Halloweening!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Halloween post, filled with ghoulish delight. I feel like just like a kid again going from blog to blog picking up such delightful treats. Happy Halloween. Karen

Theresa Rohrer said...

Snoopy, tell me my fortune... What feeling shy? That's okay. Your jokes are perfectly corny.
Happy Haunting,
T

Shell said...

Sweet Halloween party. I loved Snoopy doing fortunes.

{Daydreamer} said...

Hee hee Happy Halloween!

Happy nightmares,
Daydreamer :)

cinnibonbon said...

Hey
Great party I loved all the jokes!!
Happy Halloween

Come on over to my place and sit a spell!!

Celestial Charms said...

Lovely post. Thanks for giving me another dose of Halloween spirit. Happy Halloween.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Bayou city art festival?? How wondeful!! Can't wait to see your pictures!! Thanks for sharing all this halloween wonderment!! Cackle Cackle!!

JEWELGIRL said...

Oh what fun jokes and Snoopy too!
Happy Halloween Party! Boooooo!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the Snoopy!
Happy Halloween!
Sandra

Lisa Kettell said...

Happy Halloween, Your party looked Spook-Tacular! Especially the best guest: Snoopy!

Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

Laume said...

fun post - that faery house is beyond sweet!